Friday, 25 June 2010

Twilight Shift - Lucha Underground

Twilight Shift from Gaynor Perry on Vimeo.

Lucha Underground at the Resistance Gallery was, quite frankly, beyond my wildest dreams. It's full speed ahead on the visual feast. Sexy. Exciting. Mad. A truly spirited evening.  I put together this "Twilight Shift" as a memento of the occasion with the photographs I took that night and some music I created.

 I've written parts for Sarah Anne Robins (flute) and Robert Schuck (clarinet) on several pieces. They bring great warmth to my music, lots of heart and soul. I particularly admire their improvisations, I think they really enhance the atmosphere of the tune. The Turkish Nay which Robert plays, in particular, adds a wonderful layer of spooky mist.

Here's some more of the Lucha Britannia talent.
























Philip Bedwell . Marnie Scarlet . Tammy Torture . Benjamin Louche . Garry Vanderhorne . Shiro Yoshida . Miranda Barrie . Jonathan Ross


RESISTANCE GALLERY 265 Poyser Street Bethnal Green London E2 9RF